After the beast’s kingdom is destroyed, Jesus Christ establishes God’s eternal kingdom that shall not be destroyed and is given everlasting dominion (Daniel 7:26-27, 2:44-45). This eternal kingdom begins with the Millennium, when those who did not follow Antichrist will reign with Jesus Christ for 1000 years. Soon after that God will create a new heavens and earth.
Satan Bound for 1000 Years
And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season (Revelation 20:1-3).
The Millennium and Israel Restored
The main focus during the millennium (Revelation 20:4-6) is Israel who will be restored and incredibly blessed!
- Remnant of 144,000 (Revelation 14:1-5, Zephaniah 3:12-13, Joel 2:31-32)
- God gathers Israel together again (Ezekiel 37:21-24)
- Jesus Christ will dwell and reign in Zion or Jerusalem (Micah 4:1-7)
- Those who did not worship beast reign with Jesus Christ (Revelation 20:4-6)
- God will pour out His Spirit upon Israel (Ezekiel 39:25-29)
- Israel will be restored (Zephaniah 3:19-20, Zechariah 14:8-11)
- The House of the Lord will be established in Israel (Ezekiel 40-48, Micah 4)
- Remnant from the nations will flow into Israel to seek and worship the Lord (Zechariah 14:16)
- Israel – the way God intended it to be (Ezekiel 36)
- God Acts (Ezekiel 36:22-23)
- Israel is cleansed (Ezekiel 36:24-27)
- Israel has an abundance (Ezekiel 36:28-30)
- Israel – don’t forget (Ezekiel 36:31-32)
- Israel will be rebuilt and inhabited (Ezekiel 36:33-36, Joel 2:3)
- Israel’s population will increase (Ezekiel 36:37-38)
Satan is Released
And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom [is] as the sand of the sea. And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet [are], and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever (Revelation 20:7-10).
The Great White Throne Judgment
The Great White Throne judgment is God’s final judgment. Every human being that ever lived will stand before God to be judged (Revelation 20:11-15, 21:8). What will you do or say? Whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire which is the second death.
The first death is when we physically die. The second death is eternal in the lake of fire separated from God forever. The only way to ensure that you do not have eternal death is to believe in Jesus for eternal life. This is God’s heart!
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)
But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, [even] in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. (Romans 10:8-9)
New Heavens and New Earth
God creates new heavens, a new earth (Revelation 21:1, 2 Peter 3:13, Isaiah 65:17, 66:22), and a new Jerusalem (Revelation 21:2). Revelation 21:3-22:21 describes the new city, how God will dwell with His people, and a final invitation to come to Jesus:
And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely (Revelation 22:17).